Founded in 1999 by Paul Newman and Page Adler, The Painted Turtle camp offers children with serious medical conditions and their families a unique camp experience designed to foster personal growth and exploration. They aspire to help campers discover all that is possible in their lives by making new friends, trying new things, building self-confidence, and becoming more independent in their medical care.
The Painted Turtle provides a unique and safe camp experience for children with a wide variety of medical needs, including:
- spina bifida and paraplegia,
- cerebral palsy and limb deficiency,
- rheumatic diseases,
- skeletal dysplasia and mucopolysaccharidosis,
- kidney disease and transplant,
- liver disease and transplant,
- immunodeficiency disorders,
- total parenteral nutrition,
- Crohn’s and colitis,
- von Willebrand disease,
- thalassemia, and
- severe asthma and allergies.
Campers and their families attend free of charge.
Phone: (310) 451-1353
Location: 17000 Elizabeth Lake Rd, Lake Hughes, CA 93532 (map)