Easter Seals’ camps offer children and adults with disabilities the same excitement and activities available at other camps.
For over 40 years, campers and volunteers from all walks of life have come together for one magical week of camp. Activities include crafts, hayrides, talent shows, dances, swimming, horseback riding, canoeing, archery, hiking, concerts, storytelling, and a high and low ropes course.
Easter Seals Camp is a week-long resident camp serving children and adults in the San Bernardino Mountains. It is held at Camp Oakes, an accredited American Camping Association site.
- The camp is co-ed and campers must have some communication skills
- The counselor to camper ratio is approximately 1:2.
- Campers stay in dormitories or 3-sided cabins
- Restrooms and showers are available
- A registered nurse is on 24-hour dut
- Camp elevation is 7,300 feet
- Easter Seals provides a subsidy, but there is a fee to attend. Partial camperships are available.
Website: Easter Seals Camp
Contact: Amanda Showalter firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (951) 264-4855
Office: 401 S. Ivy Street, Escondido, CA. 92025
Camp Location: YMCA Camp Oakes 47400 Monte Vista Dr. Big Bear City CA 92314 (map)